It may seem magical that events, projects, and other initiatives happen downtown but when you pull back the Main Street curtain, you’ll find dozens of hardworking, passionate, and dedicated volunteers working daily to push forward with progress for our community.
Starting with our Board of Directors and channeling out into four primary committees, the volunteer base of Main Street continues to grow. Every single volunteer brings something unique to whatever table they sit at, and their willingness to invest their time is truly what makes a difference in our town.
- Have you thought about joining a committee and haven’t yet made the leap?
- Do you attend Main Street events and want to get more involved in making them happen?
- Are you a fundraiser or management whiz looking to donate your talents to a great local nonprofit?
- Do you love Ravenna and want to give back in meaningful ways?
We ask for volunteers by posting on our social media pages. We will also be hosting volunteer event socials around town soon. If you would like to attend a committee meeting, please contact the Main Street Office at 330-235-9509.
To support Ravenna’s transformation by enhancing the physical and visual elements of our downtown district.
Key Events, Programs, and Initiatives: Ravenna Downtown District Plan, Clean Sweep Ravenna, Beautification efforts, Historic preservation, Public art, Wayfinding, etc.
- Beautification Committee: A part of the Design Committee, the Beautification Committee is charged with specific beautification efforts around downtown. This may include landscaping, flower beds, holiday decor, and more.
To create a strong foundation for a sustainable revitalization effort, including cultivating partnerships, community involvement, and resources for the district.
Key Events, Programs, and Initiative: Fundraising, volunteer management, partnership management, and community involvement
- Fundraising Committee: A part of the Organization Committee, the Fundraising committee is charged with raising money for the organization or a particular program or initiative. This committee does some grant writing as well as special events and galas.
Business Vitality Committee:
To focus on economic and financial tools that assist new and existing businesses, encourage property development, and create a supportive environment for our locally owned businesses and the entrepreneurs who operate them.
Key Events, Programs, and Initiative: Exterior Façade and Creative Business Signage Grants, small business training and business development opportunities, district data, Covid-19 relief grants, etc.
To position downtown Ravenna’s commercial district as the center of the community and as a hub of economic activity, while creating a positive image that showcases our community’s unique characteristics.
Key Events, Programs, and Initiatives: Advertising/marketing, social media, downtown events, and more
Organizes signature and small events for Main Street Ravenna. Supports and collaborates on events produced by other community organizations.
See something interesting and want to learn more?
We would love to get to know you! Contact the Main Street Office TODAY at 330-235-9509.
Want to join our team? Click here to APPLY NOW!